The Bordeaux Technology Group is a software services and development company specializing in Windows compatibility software. Users of Linux systems from time to time find themselves in the need to run specialized Windows software. The Bordeaux suite enables access to these programs and data in a seamless and low cost manner without requiring licensing of Microsoft Technology.
The Bordeaux Group also provides migration services and support for alternative operating systems specializing in Windows compatibility. There is a multitude of software developed only for the Windows operating system and even when software vendors port thier applications to another platform, generally it lacks features that the Windows version contains. The only solution these developers face is to have access to both systems for testing which leads to increased infrastructure demands, and wasted project resources. If you are a vendor interested in supporting your application on Linux or a software user that needs to run a Windows application on Linux, we can help.
Examples of target applications that the Bordeaux suite supports Out of the Box:
- Microsoft Office Suite of Applications. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Internet Explorer. Web Developers frequently need to run multiple versions of Internet Explorer to compare how a website will look to all users running different revisions of the browser software
- Consumer Video Games. In many cases these contain copy-protection systems that are impossible to port to another platform. This makes vendors reluctant to invest the capital in acquiring another system that will work on other platforms
- Adobe Photoshop CS and CS2
- Custom applications for which replacement is not available or development/purchase of a replacement is not economically feasible when compared to the cost of maintaining the existing application in a legacy emulation environment